Re: Cannot get recipies to work properly

2002-02-10 12:32:21
Rich Shepard <rshepard(_at_)appl-ecosys(_dot_)com> writes:
 The recipe syntax is correct. That's been checked by me and others.
sendmail is passing incoming mail to procmail for delivery as the mail list
parsing works just fine. I would really appreciate some help on this issue
for it frustrates me to keep getting spam from the same sources and have the
recipes consistently fail to reroute them to /dev/null.

I assume you set a logfile with the LOGFILE variable.  Have you tried
setting VERBOSE=on and thereby tracing procmail's operation up to and
through the recipes in question?  The "EXTENDED DIAGNOSTICS" section of
the procmail(1) manpage explains the meaning of the additional messages
that may be produced.

 I don't want to post my recipe file for the world to see, so how shall I
go about getting help from some of you gurus?

ESP is fairly rare now days.  If you aren't willing to post recipes
(why?), then there isn't must we can do directly.  Do *not* send your
questions directly to individuals unless they suggested you do so.

Philip Guenther