Re: running two actions

2002-03-12 19:03:24
At 17:43 2002-03-12 -0600, Mike Loiterman did say:

I'm trying to run two recipes on all emails...I want it to run the
first and ALWAYS run the second even if the first succeeded...

Which sounds like you want to be using the 'c' flag, or if the two are interelated, bracing them together (still using a c flag).

INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/html-trap.procmail
INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/spam

And I get one or the other.

Uhm, perhaps I'm way off base here, but I see absolutely no recipes here. I see two procmail constructs including files which presumably CONTAIN procmail recipes, but no recipes.

If the first is negative then the second one runs, but if the first is positive then the second one doesn't run.

Would I use the -c switch for this?

FTR, 'switch' is usually taken to imply a commandline option. Also, '-c' isn't used in procmail. Perhaps you mean the 'c' flag?

To use the copy flag, you'd need to edit the actual recipe(s) in the first file to make them operate with a copy. SPECIFICALLY what those recipes does has a LOT to do with how you make changes.