RE: running two actions

2002-03-12 22:50:14
At 22:24 2002-03-12 -0600, Mike Loiterman did say:

So I _shouldn't_ do this?

[snip]

bracing them in that fashion is no different than if they were like you originally had them. It would still work at least as well as they originally did (i.e. anything not processed by the original include file would still be there for the second one).

>Thus, I said, "SPECIFICALLY what those recipes does has a LOT to do
>with how you make changes."

As you described, your SECOND filter set _IS_ filters - you could simply choose to move it to be executed first and change nothing else about the filters (assuming the spam perl script is merely adding a header). LIterally, all you need to do is reverse the order of the two include operations - no added flags or bracing.

I'm not intimately familiar with Sanitizer: I know it exists, I know what it does - I don't know under what conditions it might _deliver_ the message to a trashbox. Excepting filing a message away as infected, I don't see why it would be consuming the message in any way -- it _should_ be altering them, and that's PRECISELY why the suggested copy operation won't work as you might hope it to - it'd alter a COPY, which, as the provided braced code would have done, would just be discarded, and your spam check would have operated on an UNALTERED version of the file (i.e. NOT sanitized/defanged).