Re: running two actions

2002-03-12 21:25:26
At 21:29 2002-03-12 -0500, Charlie Summers did say:

  Not really. I get the feeling that Mike has a delivering recipe in
html-trap.procmail when he doesn't want one. I mean, why deliver mail there
when you want to process it in spam (which I sure hope is an rc file and not
a mailbox...).

   All that said, he could easily:

[snip]

Tell me, what if the first rcfile has _filters_ in it - i.e. some of the recipes there ALTER the message rather than simply deleting it or delivering it to a folder? Simply slapping the whole includerc into a braced copy and discarding anything which survives the filter won't have the desired effect because nothing the first set of recipes MIGHT do the messages is there when the second includefile is processed.

Thus, I said, "SPECIFICALLY what those recipes does has a LOT to do with how you make changes."

  ...to copy and process in the former and still drop through the latter
without worrying about having to rework all of his recipies. Isn't the way
_I'd_ do it, but then, what is?

I didn't point the same thing out because the solution has issues.