RE: running two actions

2002-03-12 19:43:04

I just did it like this:

INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/html-trap.procmail
INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/spam
}

and it works great.  Yes both of those rc files conatin recipes.  The
first one mangles .exe type extensions and the second filters for
spam via a perl script.

Mike Loiterman
mike(_at_)ascendency(_dot_)net

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Summers [mailto:charlie(_at_)lofcom(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 8:29 PM
To: procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org
Cc: mike(_at_)ascendency(_dot_)net
Subject: Re: running two actions

At 7:05 PM -0500 3/12/02, PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org
(Professional
Software Engineering is rumored to have typed:

To use the copy flag, you'd need to edit the actual recipe(s) in
the first file to make them operate with a copy.  SPECIFICALLY
what those recipes does has a LOT to do with how you make changes.

  Not really. I get the feeling that Mike has a delivering recipe
in
html-trap.procmail when he doesn't want one. I mean, why deliver
mail there when you want to process it in spam (which I sure hope is
an rc file and not a mailbox...).

  All that said, he could easily:

-----
:0 c
{
  INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/html-trap.procmail

  # Drop the copy into the bit-bucket if it wasn't delivered...
  #  I know, I know, but it makes me feel better if I can see it
  #  dissapear.
  :0
  /dev/null
}

INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/spam
-----

  ...to copy and process in the former and still drop through the
latter
without worrying about having to rework all of his recipies. Isn't
the way _I'd_ do it, but then, what is?

        Charlie