Re: running two actions

2002-03-12 19:42:10
At 7:05 PM -0500 3/12/02, PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org
(Professional Software
Engineering is rumored to have typed:

To use the copy flag, you'd need to edit the actual recipe(s) in the first
file to make them operate with a copy.  SPECIFICALLY what those recipes
does has a LOT to do with how you make changes.

   Not really. I get the feeling that Mike has a delivering recipe in
html-trap.procmail when he doesn't want one. I mean, why deliver mail there
when you want to process it in spam (which I sure hope is an rc file and not
a mailbox...).

   All that said, he could easily:

 -----
:0 c
{
   INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/html-trap.procmail

   # Drop the copy into the bit-bucket if it wasn't delivered...
   #  I know, I know, but it makes me feel better if I can see it
   #  dissapear.
   :0
   /dev/null
}

INCLUDERC=/etc/procmail/spam
 -----

   ...to copy and process in the former and still drop through the latter
without worrying about having to rework all of his recipies. Isn't the way
_I'd_ do it, but then, what is?

         Charlie