Re: procmail filters

2002-04-02 15:34:35
Yes, I know it's a library loading problem.  My copy of head needs to
load exactly the same libraries as the system copy.  Why would
procmail be able to resolve one but not the other?  This is the BIG
question.

The thing is, procmail doesn't do the resolving.  procmail tries to run
the 'head' program which needs to load libraries using ld.so and ld.so
fails to find the correct library.

Perhaps it would be worth trying something like this at the top of your
procmailrc file:

SYSHEAD = `ldd /usr/bin/head`
MYHEAD  = `ldd /home/kevinc/bin/head`
LOG = "/usr/bin/head: $SYSHEAD
/home/kevinc/bin/head: $MYHEAD
"

and looking in the log files after receiving a mail.  That might give a
clue.

Cheers,
Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk