Re: using "\/" in "... ?? ..."

2002-04-24 09:36:37
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Philip Guenther wrote:

LOG = "$VAR contains fewer than five characters (i.e., its size is < 5)
"

Hrm.  That's how I expected it to work, but I assigned a string of digits
(123... so I could easily tell how many characters I'd typed) to VAR and
put the rcfile through procmail -m and the output only made sense if it
were doing numeric comparison.  Unfortunately I've since deleted that
rcfile.

But it must have been caused by a typo or something, because when I try to
recreate it by hand this morning it behaves as Philip described.  I hate
it when that happens.

Sorry for the disinformation.