Re: Lockfiles...

2002-05-01 14:47:56
On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 01:50:31PM -0700, Professional Software Engineering
stood up and spoke:

:0:
^ From(_dot_)*dertagsend(_at_)oscar(_dot_)spiegel(_dot_)ision(_dot_)net

BZZZT.  You're missing the asterisk which should preceed the condition line
(which should escape the literal dots, and you probably want a colon - or a
space - after From, since it could match a number of headers otherwise -
well, at least two standard ones).

Oops, I see ;-)

        :0
        /var/mail/nils

You should DEFINATLEY lockfile this, since no doubt your mailspool file is
written to by other recipes which are not "from whoever", and by failing to
lockfile actions on the individal file, you risk puking in it.

Ok, thanks, I guess I got it now! After changing my recipes according to
what you said, I no longer get the error message, and I guess I also got
the locking-stuff right. ;-)

Greetings
Nils

--

Nils Holland <nils(_at_)daemon(_dot_)tisys(_dot_)org>
Ti Systems - http://www.tisys.org