1. Useless cat. 2. Counting spams

2002-05-01 17:17:15

1.  Useless cat

I have:

    # save from address into greylist if not already there
    :0 wc : $PMDIR/list.grey.lock
    * $ ! ? echo ${FROMHEADER} | grep -F -isx -f $PMDIR/list.grey
    | cat > /dev/null; echo ${FROMHEADER} >> $PMDIR/list.grey

Can I change the

:0 wc:

:0 wi:

and get rid of the cat?

2. Counting spams

Given that most of my spam comes to the address I use in newsgroups, all
mail to that address is considered spam.  But I am getting some spam now
to my real addresses.

What I would like to do is count the number of times I receive anything I
considered to be spam from an address and then, if I have received, say 5
from that address, put it in a blacklist.

Creating the list with a count is the problem.  I am considering writing a
'C' program with the Berkeley database that would take the address as
input and give the count as output.  But is there an easier way of
creating such a list?

Alan