Re: testing for existence of a file without a fork

2002-05-02 14:28:30
On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 10:12:22PM +0300, Udi Mottelo wrote:
      What about ls -d ?  I know is biger than head but maybe more
      efficient?

Or, on a Linux system, stat. On my system it's less than half the size of any
of the others. It can also be compiled for many other systems (though good
luck finding the source.)
Of course, once you go that route, you can compile test.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com
"If you're not pissed off at the world then you're just not paying attention."