Re: Handling multi-line To:

2002-05-07 09:06:07
On  7 May, Stephen Patterson wrote:
| I'm using a whitelist to filter spam, 1 of the rules I've got punts any mail
| sent to me into my default mbox.
|
| :0:
| *  ^To(_dot_)*steve(_at_)lexx\(_dot_)uklinux\(_dot_)net|\
|    ^To(_dot_)*lexx(_at_)uklinux(_dot_)net|\
|    ^From.*Mail Delivery System|\
| mbox
|
| This works fine unless To: is split across several lines, in which case the
| message will be saved into my spam box unless my email address is on the sae
| line as To:. This is a sample of the message.
|
| To: someone <someone(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>,
|    Stephen Patterson <steve(_at_)lexx(_dot_)uklinux(_dot_)net>,
| Subject: YLUG meeting on Tuesday - transport

Procmail won't have a problem with the continued header. My guess is the
problem is the line continuation (trailing "\") at the end of the
condition. I bet a log entry for one of these messages would be a clue,
because the "mbox" should be parsed as part of the condition, and the
recipe has no action.

If it were me, I'd use scoring and do:

:0:
* 1^0 ^To:.*\<(steve(_at_)lexx\(_dot_)|lexx@)uklinux\.net\>
* 1^0 ^From.*Mail Delivery System
mbox

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.