Re: Excessive output quenched [was: (no subject)]

2002-05-08 09:52:36
On  6 May, prakash wrote:
| i am getting this error and program fails to block email any expert comments
| on this ??
|
| ********** ERROR IS *************************************
| procmail: Excessive output quenched from "formail"
| *********************************************************

Just like Dorothy in the Land of Oz, you possessed the power all along.
No experts or wizards required.  [rhetorical] Wouldn't it have been
better to have this answer 2 days ago, rather than waiting 'til now (or
possibly never getting it at all)?

# man procmail |grep -iA4  excessive
       Excessive output quenched from "x"
                              The  program or filter "x" tried to
                              produce too  much  output  for  the
                              current  LINEBUF, the rest was dis­
                              carded.

Hint: Set LINEBUF to some value large enough to contain the content
you're trying to stuff into it.

--
Reply to list please, or append "6" to "procmail" in address if you must.
Spammers' unrelenting address harvesting forces me to this...reluctantly.