Re: Stupid question about :0:

2002-05-10 02:00:39
On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 10:42:18AM +0200, Oliver Fuchs wrote:
thank you very much ... so using the :0: option makes setting the
$LOCKFILE in the procmailrc redundant?

Not necessarily. They do two different things. In general if all you want to
do is make sure different processes aren't overwriting your data, : is
prefered. However just within the last week someone came up with a clever use
for LOCKFILE here on the list. It isn't quite relevant to a discussion of :0
v. :0:, but is an interesting read.

--
Andrew Edelstein                 -              http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
Replies sent back to the list are more effective, as the discussion remains in
front of the eyes of the rest of the list.