Re: Reversing text?

2002-05-12 19:40:17
On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 02:31:55PM +0300, Udi Mottelo wrote:
I would go with Sean's suggestion of using sed or awk or perl or
somesuch.

      Do not go so far,    tr '.' '/'    will do the job.

No it won't. That would end up with list1.domain1.com going into
list1/domain1/com.

--
Andrew Edelstein                 -              http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
Replies sent back to the list are more effective, as the discussion remains in
front of the eyes of the rest of the list.