Re: Mozilla and Spambouncer

2002-05-19 21:59:57
At 02:42 2002-05-20 +0100, Peter A. J. Pilgrim did say:

What is `block.incoming' for?

What is `bulk.incoming' for ? What is the difference?

Again, spambouncer is a script which someone wrote which happens to use Procmail. It's like asking support questions for some package written in perl on a Perl list just because it's written using that tool. The specifics of that package are not common knowledge amongst the users here.

The spambouncer package should be documented and supported through the author's own website. Check there.

What anti-spam solution do you use?

I haven't made comparisons to spambouncer. I think early on I was turned off by the prospect that spambouncer actually _bounced_ anything, which is a worthless prospect for spam. I've used procmail for 8+ years to do a variety of things, and all my spam filtering is performed via rules I've written, or which have been written by other users here on the Procmail list.

No doubt, a fair amount of what spambouncer implements had it's origins in this list as well.