Re: Mozilla and Spambouncer

2002-05-19 18:02:04
Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 16:50 2002-05-19 +0100, Peter A. J. Pilgrim did say:

I am using the last known version of `spambouncer'

That's a descriptive version number. Perhaps you have a release number and/or date? You do realize that spambouncer isn't maintained by the procmail list - it's someone elses' package which they used procmail to facilitate?

spambouncer 1.4 (13 October 2001)

I assume the original mail is stored upstream, but how do
I get to it.

Are you fetching email via POP or somesuch protocol instead of from a local mailspool? Perhaps the spams are remaining in your inbox, as some are wont to do if your mail client is a lousy mail client (don't take that to be a commentary about the efficiency of web browsers as mail clients though).

The receipes come from spambouncer. I do not understand the files.

What is `block.incoming' for?

What is `bulk.incoming' for ? What is the difference?

The `spam.incoming' is self-explanatory.

What anti-spam solution do you use?
Is it better than spambouncer? (www.spambouncer.org)

--
Del Segno Al Coda