Re: Return-Path inclusion issue

2002-08-03 00:58:29
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

Procmail version 3.22, running on FreeBSD 4.2 I386.

Running as the LDA, or via a .forward?  Sendmail, exil, qmail, what for an
MTA?

.forward.  Sendmail.

What I would like, is a return of the Return-Paths.  Not a re-constituted
one, but the original.

Have you removed procmail from your .forward, or renamed your .procmailrc
so that an LDA-based procmail doesn't run your rcfile, and do the
Return-Paths make a return?  If so, what does your .procmailrc have in it?

Disabling .forward, brings the return-paths back.
Removing .procmailrc, but leaving .forward in place, takes them away
again.  The meaning of that is obvious, but I am left not knowing what to
do about it.  I tried "-f" and "-f-", on the command line, with no effect.

The content of .procmailrc is irrelevant.  I have short circuited it for
this test, and have:

# Variables
COMSAT = yes
SENDMAIL = /usr/sbin/sendmail
LOGABSTRACT = on
VERBOSE = no
LOGFILE = $HOME/.procmail.log
FORMAIL = '/usr/local/bin/formail -b -t -f'
MAILDIR = $HOME/mail

:0:
$DEFAULT