Re: deferral: procmail:_Couldn't_create_"/var/spool/mail/j.smith"/

2002-08-03 19:42:45
On 2002-08-04 01:28:43, zenn wrote:
ok, still no luck...
    delivery 4: success:
procmail:_Lock_failure_on_"/var/spool/mail/j.smith.lock"/did_0+0+1/

The above looks odd (if you transcriped it accurately), why is there a
\" after .lock?  You trigger a lock with the last ":" as in ":0:", but
you have still not told me how you go from the address 'coughtspam' to
user "j.smith", or said differently, what procmail rule covers delivery
of mail to this account?

not sure why the / appears after j.smith.
i'm trying to tell procmail to filter all mail tagged with "X-Spam-Status"
to a .qmail-alias(coughtspam) that forwards to a external email address...

     :0fw
     | spamc

     :0:
     !coughtspam

so if i'm reading the above recipe correct, it says, forward all mail to
spamc...
on return, if it is tagged with "X-Spam-Status, send the mail to this
"coughtspam" email account....
am i reading it correctly ?
the j.smith account is a local maldir account... i was testing local mail
delivery by sending an email to this user...
if the above recipe does not apply, shouldn't qmail just deliver the message
to the user ?
in other words, if user j.smith does not have the "X-Spam-Status" Xheader,
why is procmail trying to deliver it, isn't it supposed to pass it to qmail
for local mail delivery is no recipe applies ?

does procmail understand qmail ./Maildir/ ?

procmail can deliver to maildir format, so in that sense it does
"understand" it.

by looking at the error, it's always trying to deliver to mbox stlye
mailbox's like sendmail..
is ther any way to change that so it delivers to ./Maildir/ ?

If you read the last message that I send you carefully, you would notice
that I told you that procmail will deliver in maildir format if your
action has a trailing "/" as in:

:0
* some_condition
some_path/

in your last email you mentioned using "!" if i wanted to send the mail to
an email address...
isn't that what i'm doing ?