Re: deferral: procmail:_Couldn't_create_"/var/spool/mail/j.smith"/

2002-08-03 08:16:17
On 2002-08-04 00:39:53, zenn wrote:
i'm on 3.22, do I need to edit the config.h to add qmail's maildir
support ?

I am sorry, but I do not know anything about qmail.  However, if you
pass mail to procmail, it can deliver to maildir for you, irregardless
of what your MDA is capable of.

regardless of weather i called the maildir correctly in the
/etc/procmailrc the error message claims it tried to deliver it to
"/var/spool/mail/j.smith"

Well, the format for maildir delivery in procmail is $dir/ with the
trailing '/' being significant.

yes, in qmail a maildir is refered to as ./Maildir/

what i want to do (and obviously dont know how) if forward the tagged
spam to a local .qmail-alias that forwards to an external account...

spamc is your filter, and your second rule dumps the mail in the
mailbox called "coughtspam".  If that is the alias you wanted to forward
the mail to, you should prefix it with a "!".

ok. i'll do that, still waiting for "the procmail compainion" to arrive from
my local bookstore... :-)