Re: SpamCop (Re: Dave Massie/s&e/TWP is out of the office.)

2002-09-27 07:54:03
On Friday 27 September 2002 07:22, Bart Schaefer wrote:
# On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, ProcMailER wrote:
#
# > I believe a better response would be to forward the autopost to
# > SpamCop!
#
# This is exactly the WRONG thing to do.  SpamCop's effectiveness and
# accuracy is under attack *on some anti-spammer mailing lists* precisely
# because too many of its users are submitting any piece of mail they don't
# like, whether or not it is actually spam.
#
I agree with you completely.  Abusing something lie spamcop with a trivial
matter is not the answer.  We monitor the spamcop mail lists and there is
(IMHO) a mob mentality down there, already.  But, then again, I'm not an
activist.

I think the appropriate response is a polite note from the list administrator
to the offender saying, "Turn off the out of office autoresponder, you
moron!".

--

Robin Lynn Frank
Paradigm-Omega, LLC