Re: Dave Massie/s&e/TWP is out of the office.

2002-09-27 10:29:00
At 11:40 AM -0400 9/27/02, Fuzzy Logic is rumored to have typed:

Tongue in cheek or not, that is a really bad idea.

   I second that - SpamCop has a specific function, and to use it for
something like this is silly at best, and dangerous at worst.

   However, there _are_ other alternatives less draconian that
committing a possible felony (DOS) as suggested elsewhere. As procmail users,
surely each of us could, in our own way, create an autoresponder that gets
sent to massiedh(_at_)washpost(_dot_)com, as well as the upstreams
postmaster(_at_)WASHPOST(_dot_)COM
and commgroup(_at_)WASHPOST(_dot_)COM complaining about each message; a really
simple
example is listed below (note you need to dump the autoresponses _you'll_
get when you make the complaint; yeah, yeah, I should probably use the e
switch and nest a bunch of stuff; there are other errors, too, like
not having a loop check, but I wrote it off the top of my head and don't
suggest it as anything other than a starting point). Perhaps if they get enough
complaints, they'll at least shut the d*mned thing down. (And if not, the
person will have plenty of mail to clean up when he gets back.)

   Using SpamCop for this is a REALLY bad idea, though.

         Charlie

## TEMPORARY!!!
:0