Re: is there a way to evade /etc/procmailrc ?

2002-10-03 14:23:45
Kreemy asked,

| I have a /etc/procmailrc that runs al incoming mail through some virus
| filters and spamassassin.  I have a user account that does not want the
| mail run through the spamassassin script (don't ask me).

| Is there a way to exclude that account from /etc/procmailrc?

Those are two different questions: one about excluding that user's incoming
mail from spamassassin processing, and another about getting that user's mail
to bypass /etc/procmailrc altogether.

For the first, add

 * ! LOGNAME ?? ^^thatuser^^

to the recipe in /etc/procmailrc that filters through spamassassin.

For the second, if the MTA honors .forwards files, the user can put

 "|exec /path/to/procmail .procmailrc"

or whatever format is necessary, as long as it specifies an rcfile on the
command line.  If the MTA does not honor .forwards, then perhaps you'll have
to put

 :0
 * LOGNAME ?? ^^thatuser^^
 { SWITCHRC }