Re: Procmail's Logfile limit on "folder" names

2002-11-22 09:28:48
On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 11:28:39AM +0000, Matthew Hendryx wrote:
When procmail is writing to it's log file there seems to be a limit on
the length of a "folder" name it will write (or it just might be a limit
on the length of a line it will write to the log file.

this is fine for most things but when certain critera are me I have
procmail deliver my mail to external programs. It therefore write the
folder name as "/usr/bin/local/program -options -more_options -etc".
This "folder name" however seems to be truncated to about the first 60
charicaters only however.

You could put your program in a shell script:

    #!/bin/sh
    exec "/usr/bin/local/program -options -more_options -etc"

and invoke that instead:

    :0
    * condition
    | /your/shell/script