Re: Simple rc check

2002-12-03 00:05:02
Jefferis Peterson <jefferis(_at_)petersonsales(_dot_)net> wrote:

            I'm particularly concerned about this one:
:0
* ^(From|TO).*btamail.net.cn
/dev/null

As well you should be: it's b0rken.  :)

In procmail, there is a ^TO macro.  That's three chars stuck together:
a caret, a T, and an O.  If you break the trio, it's no longer a
special word-character in procmail.  Rather, you're now trying to
match only start-of-line followed by "TO".  Since procmail is
not case-sensitive unless you instruct it to be, this will be
the To: header only.

Which I followed as an example but the TO had a _  as in (From|TO_)
However the manual said not to use .* after a TO_  so I dropped it.

I'm sure it speaks of a ^TO_, not a "TO_".  Btw, ^TO_ is yet another
macro, slightly different from ^TO without the trailing underscore.
Decide which you want to use.

You seem to be wanting something like:

        * (^From.*|^TO_)btamail\.net\.cn

Note the quoted dots, without which quoting you have loose wildcards.

--
dman