RE: Message Ids

2002-12-10 09:54:59
From: fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org [mailto:fleet(_at_)teachout(_dot_)org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 11:29 AM

When I grep for Message-ID on known spam I've received, I
find that about
50% of the Message-IDs contain my own server domain.  ???

I've noticed this too, but some legitimate mailing lists mail also use a
msg-id with your server name (not sure where this comes from as it doesn't
appear to be the primary MX).  So looking for

wouldn't be good by itself but could be helpful in conjunction wiht other
conditions.

Dustin