Message Ids

2002-12-10 09:35:15
I'm a little confused about this Message-ID business.  I'm not seeing
domain names in message id's in much of my mail.  For example, all of the
following mail was received from family members, many of whom have
problems sending e-mail - let alone doing any "hacking."

All of the above originated on Windows machines using some version of
outlook.  I suppose the first field could be mailer versions, but I don't
see any date-time strings.

When I grep for Message-ID on known spam I've received, I find that about
50% of the Message-IDs contain my own server domain.  ???

                                - fleet -