Re: virtual mail rules

2003-01-07 16:53:41
At 07:09 2003-01-07 -0700, Stelios Asmargianakis wrote:
Sorry, I don't fully understand some of your questions, but I'll try to
answer.

---1.What "account" do the other messages get
delivered to ? ---

This is one that I don't understand what you mean

In a normal shell environment, when mail is delivered, it is delivered by the LDA through a user account. In your case, if there aren't actual user (/etc/passwd) accounts associated with the virtual accounts, there's no account to host a procmailrc - the other mail accounts must be getting delivered to a file or program via the aliases config of the MTA, and not to a user account.

If they're delivered to separate user accounts, you need to put your procmail configs in those accounts.

--2.If they're virtual POP accounts, you're out of
luck unless you can get the admin to set up aliases to invoke programs (or,
you could use fetchmail ---

They are configured as normal pop3/imap email account, those are not
virtual, they doesn't use the valiases to deliver or forward the emails.
They are real pop3 accounts

... with real logins? What happens when you attempt to shell into the system using those logins? If they're real users, why the subject?

We've already gone over all of this (see the November & December archives ) - did the new Gregorian year bring with it the expectation that the solution will have changed?