Re: ATTN ADMINS: Web Page needs unsubscribe instructions!

2003-01-08 02:20:28
On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 09:23:06PM -0800, Michael Powe wrote:

otoh, i do know how to unsub a mailing list.  well, all except one --
i subscribed to it so long ago, i don't know what email address i
used.  it somehow still comes to me but neither the listowner nor the
listserv responded to my unsub requests.  so, it is just procmailed
into its own folder & periodically, i delete it.

If you look in the headers it *should* be clear what address the mail
is sent to from the list and thus you should be able to unsubscribe.

Depending on the unsubscribe command it may be possible to send the
command itself from elsewhere anyway as the *confirmation* request
will be sent to the subscribed adddress and as long as you get that
and send the confirm you will get unsubscribed.

--
Chris Green (chris(_at_)areti(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk)