Re: "Couldn't create . . ."

2003-01-27 16:23:53
dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com wrote:

Using a recipe that delivers messages to a folder, I am left to
wonder at very occasional failures.  Am somewhat curious about
whether or how procmail caches the msg.XXXX names it has used.

I do think this has to do with a cache.  But I can't find any documentation
for same, or any trace of it in my directory tree.  Nevertheless, I did
manually (by mistake) delete a few files under that directory today;
and then I put them back, manually, from a backup that exists on the
system.  And now the "Couldn't create" thing has happened for the
second time today.

The last time I experienced this error, a couple of months ago, I
had also manually manipulated some files and filenames in that dir
just beforehand.  That last time is when I added the `e'-flag follow-
up recipe, which, thankfully, works.  But, well, what is causing
procmail to confuse itself about which file names are available to
write to?

--
dman