Re: [To Field and Cc: field problem]

2003-01-30 03:47:29
On 30 Jan 2003 Ganeshh (ganeshh(_at_)lateralsoftware(_dot_)com) wrote:

With the help of Procmail mail i split the mails from common_pop account
based on To field to its respective mailboxes in the Linux Server and
the same is forwarded to Lotus Domino Server, the sample is applicable
to CC fields also. All this Works fine.

*_The Problem:_*

... is one the most frequent Procmail newbie problems or as era
eriksson says in his Procmail FAQ:  "How do I implement a virtual
domain? Or, how can I let several local users share the same POP
mailbox at the upstream? Or, what is the most frequently made
wrong assumption about mail delivery?"

I discuss this in my Procmail Quick Start in the section

  Important Warning: Procmail Cannot Reliably Route Users'
  Messages in a Virtual Domain

which is here

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#virtualDomain>

Since you are using Exim, you should be able to use the
Envelope-To header to do the routing, but please let us know if
that works.

Good luck,
Nancy

--