Re: New User: Locking file issue and other bits [Part 2]

2003-02-05 12:37:50
At 03:41 2003-02-05 -0700, LuKreme wrote:

:0
* ^Subject:.*Redhat
! roland

Note that my suggestion to run the fetchmail delivery through an aliased user (which invokes procmail directly) circumvents issues with /etc/procmailrc generic filtering (where it appears all these filters are getting stuffed), since when you forward to a local user, it doesn't route back through the "onepop.rc" script - it gets delivered through local filtering. If you simply put a recipe like the above into /etc/procmailrc, it'll loop. Seems that Roland is already aware of that, but I don't think his kreminess is recognizing that at the moment.

Thus, the onepop.rc script needs only to focus on trying to split up delivery among the multiple users of the one pop mailbox - *NOT* to actually perform individual mailbox filtering (unless of course, filtering on subjects is how some messages are being identified as being for a certain recipient, which is unfortunate if so).

I do wonder how the individual users are configured to send replies (out of the system) such that replies to those messages will properly return to them.