Re: extraneous deliver head

2003-02-09 15:17:33
At 16:13 2003-02-09 -0500, David Turley did say:

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 12:03:49 -0800 PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org
(Professional
Software Engineering) wrote:

> Also, please report the _VERSION_OF_PROCMAIL_ which you are
> running.  Curiously, this error you're reporting doesn't present itself on
> 3.15.2 or 3.22, which are the two "current" versions (depending upon
> whether you're bleeding edge or not).

wrong again:
matrix: {1} % procmail -v
procmail v3.22

Curiously, this error does not present itself with either version of procmail when using the RECIPE YOU PROVIDED, because the ERROR WAS NOT WITHIN THAT RECIPE.

Perhaps, if you care to have anyone lend you assistance, you'll accept that when you don't provide adequate information, and fail to run your own tests (such as placing YOUR RECIPE into a sandbox to isolate it from the rest of your rcfile), you're ASKING other people to make assumptions on your behalf.

I stand by my statements:

        1. there was no supporting evidence that you used VERBOSE=YES, or ran
        your recipe in a sandbox, otherwise the error you were seeing would
        have been logged immediatley before the lines which it was reporting
        about.

        2. YOU DID NOT report the version of procmail you were running.

        3. the provided recipe emitted no errors on the current releases of
        procmail.  Your problem was with something you didn't provide.

Thus, the material you provided here for our diagnosis was itself seriously flawed. It is curious that you'd take such strong offence at someone pointing this out to you.

You're welcome to cop an attitude in response to my having taken MY time to look into YOUR problem. I don't need to waste my time any further on your problems - I've got fun and productive things of my own that I can spend my time on instead.