Re: Forking "procmail"

2003-02-19 01:50:19
On Tuesday, Feb 18, 2003, at 22:48 Canada/Mountain, David W. Tamkin wrote:
2. Use the `w' or `W' flag along with `c' on the recipe that forks the clone. Then the parent procmail process will sit around and do nothing until the clone exits, even if the clone doesn't complete delivery within its launching
braces and uses code from later in the rcfile.

Ah. good idea. I'd only ever though of using w|W with f. Thanks for the tip.

I hardly ever use c except when I am in the final stages of testing something (that is, it's live after sandboxing but I'm still worried).

(I always thought that cloning was a way to reproduce without forking [and
certainly without spooning], but procmail isn't like life.)

Ooooooh, that was Baaaaaaaad!<1>

<1> Obligatory Dolly reference.

--
Don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance; so are everybody else's.