Re: How to deal fakename(_at_)real-domain(_dot_)com mail

2003-02-22 06:59:33
On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 12:19:50AM -0800, S Semple wrote:

I have discovered that one of the first samples someone gave me here
is not actually what I want.

It does search for the names in the passwd and nicely formats it into
a |joe|fred|etc command for grep but it fails in that what I want is
something that will delete mail that is sent to the right domain but
there is no such user. You know porn(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com .

As Tony said, just change the action line.  This list is a great
resource for questions and for when one is confused despite having
done some work on one's own.  But it's not seen as a recipe
factory for at-will recipe creation to your or anybody's custom
needs.

Ask specific questions about procmail or about why what you tried
didn't work, and you'll be much more likely to have helpful responses.
Otoh, even though you did just ask a very general "How might I do
this?" question, you still got useful recipes in return.  Consider
yourself blessed.  And take a trip through the man pages, in particular
`man procmailrc' and `man procmailex', to see how to make the tiny
modification you would need to the action line to turn what you have
into what you want.

--
dman