Re: How to deal fakename(_at_)real-domain(_dot_)com mail

2003-02-22 11:10:54
On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 the voices made S Semple write:

SS> I like whole recipes and when ever I reply to a newsgroup try to give the
SS> whole picture. This is because I think of the novice who is reading as well
SS> as the expert.

 Good for you, but here the novice is the same guy that doesn't use a backup
nor try new recipes in a sandbox, meaning that every now and then he'll do
cut-n-paste of a "cool" recipe and then start yelling/crying because he just
deleted next weeks orders sent to the company he's working for... It doesn't
hurt to have to think a lil bit before doing things that could really mess
things up.

SS> And franky I have been frustrated by people who give to little informaion
SS> and then spend hours trying to figure out what they ment.

 Ok, well... you haven't explained what it is that isn't working with what
version of the recipe you got, so maybe it's something local or maybe not... if
you're talking about the one I gave you then just, I think, remove the f from
:0f and change the "| formail[...]"-line to /dev/null.

SS> Sometimes giving up not knowing if they were wrong or if I am missing
SS> something.

 If you give up it wasn't important enough, otherwise you would have asked
again, right?

--