Re: script to determine the folder name?

2003-03-05 16:39:15
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 06:14:13PM -0500, Tom Limoncelli wrote:

I want to pass a message through a filter and use
the output of the filter to determine what folder
to store the message in.  For example, if the
filter outputs "foo", I want to store the message
in $MAILBOXES/list-foo

Is that possible?

Yes.  But clarifying, by "a filter," I presume you mean
an outside program of some kind?  Because usually we
refer to procmail recipes that employ the f flag as
"filters."  (See `man procmailrc'.)

        :0 W  # this is an assignment recipe, not a delivering one
        F_OUT| your program

        :0 a:  # `a' flag says previous piped action succeeded
        $F_OUT

        :0 E  # "else," do something else
        { something else }

This is untested.