Re: bouncing to a bunch of people . . .

2003-03-17 17:52:21
On 03/17/03 04:31 PM, Professional Software Engineering sat at the `puter and
typed:
At 18:48 2003-03-17 -0500, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
h tells it to feed the headers in, right?  I guess the question is
wether it is necessary when the headers aren't really being read in a
conditional line.

'H' and 'B' affect what the _conditions_ operate on.
'h' and 'b' affect what procmail will deliver (to the pipe or file)

It all pertains to optimization.  'H' and 'hb' are defaults, unless you
provide specific flags which would define the operation differently.

Very good.  Well, thanks to all the help I've gotten here over the
last few days, I think I've pretty much got it tweaked out.

In case anyone ever comes searching the archives, here is my recipe as
it stands now:

LIST_RECIPS=/home/leblanc/.vamplist
LIST_SENDERS=/home/leblanc/.vampsenders
  :0
  * FOLDER ?? ^^list^^
  {
    :0fhw
    * ? formail -x From: -x Sender: -x Reply-To: -x Return-Path: | grep -i -f
"$LIST_SENDERS"
    | formail -Yf -I "X-Loop: list(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org"

    :0A
    ! `cat "$LIST_RECIPS"`

    :0Efhw
    | formail -Yf -I "X-Listproblem: Sender not in list"

    :0
    { FOLDER=newfolder }

  }
  :0E
  * FOLDER ?? ^^list^^
  { FOLDER=newfolder }

The file pointed to by LIST_RECIPS contains the email addresses that
any message to the list will be forwarded to - one per line, no extra
characters.

The file pointed to by LIST_SENDERS contains a list of all email
addresses that are authorized to send messages to the list.

Seems to work right, but I haven't tested the variable use yet.
That's the easy part.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Before Xerox, five carbons were the maximum extension of anybody's ego.