Re: bouncing to a bunch of people . . .

2003-03-17 11:01:04
On 03/17/03 08:56 AM, David W. Tamkin sat at the `puter and typed:
Louis followed up,

| Ahh.  You are correct there, but this doesn't solve the problem I am
| seeing right now.

| 9       :0
| 10      | formail -Yf -I "X-Loop: list(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org"

Needs `f,' and `h' and `w' wouldn't hurt.

| 18      :0
| 19      | formail -Yf -I "X-Listproblem: Sender not in list"

Same comment.

That did the trick.  Thank you very much!

Mail now gets stopped if it the sender isn't in the senders file, and
forwarded if it is, but there is still a wierd log entry referring to
an extraneous deliver-head flag.

It comes directly after the match on the sender check in the list
senders file if the sender is authorized, but it also comes after the
list match fails on non list messages.

This is what it looks like for non list mail:
procmail: No match on "^^list^^"
procmail: Extraneous deliver-head flag ignored
procmail: No match on "^From:.*Cron Daemon"

(The Cron Daemon check is a recipe that filters cron mailings, and is
the one that immediately follows the list recipe.)

And for list mail:
procmail: Match on "^^list^^"
procmail: Match on ! "^X-Loop: list(_at_)keyslapper\(_dot_)org"
procmail: Executing " formail -x From: -x Sender: -x Reply-To: -x Return-Path:
| grep -i -f /home/leblanc/.listsenders"
procmail: Match on " formail -x From: -x Sender: -x Reply-To: -x Return-Path: |
grep -i -f /home/leblanc/.listsenders"
procmail: Extraneous deliver-head flag ignored
procmail: Executing "formail,-Yf,-I,X-Loop: list(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org"

Recall that I've opened this recipe as follows:

  :0
  * FOLDER ?? ^^list^^
  {
    :0hw
    * ? formail -x From: -x Sender: -x Reply-To: -x Return-Path: | grep -i -f
/home/leblanc/.listsenders
. . .

Any idea what causes this message?

Thank you!

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

The Universe is populated by stable things.
    -- Richard Dawkins