Re: Consecutive lines

2003-04-03 17:17:08
Dallman Ross wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 08:34:41PM -0700, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:
>
>>It is, of course, trivial to construct a message
>>with a different, or empty, plain text section and
>>still have the obtusificated html spam (again
>>I have not seen this yet but it seems an obvious
>>extension)... Hmmmm.
>

> I had it happen early this week, and created a weighted condition to
> handle it:
>
>  * $  6^0    ^Content-T[^$WS]+:[^:]+(^[$WS]*)+------=_NextPart_

I see a few problems with that regexp in terms of
generalization and the feasibility as a whole.
For one think the boundary string does not need to
contain "_NextPart_".  It could also have lines in
between or plain innocuous plain text content before
the boundary.

See simplified example below.

I guess what I am saying is that there is probably no
simple way of protecting against obtusificated html
that has a reasonably valid, if unrelated, plain text
part.  One would have do some basic html rendering
first.  I guess you could weight against excessive
html comments (<!--.*-->) but then they could just
break things up with redundant formatting commands
instead.  I think the spammers may have us on this one.

--
Daryle A. Tilroe