Re: Error while writing to "/usr/sbin/sendmail"

2003-04-23 03:57:37
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 09:11:49AM +0800, Helmer Aslaksen wrote:

:0
* ^From.*(marriottrewards|kc.ap.citibank.com|@income.com.sg|@ntuc.org.sg| \
ticketcharge.com.sg|sisticbuzz.com.sg|tangoeast.com)
! mathelmr(_at_)nus(_dot_)edu(_dot_)sg

The log file says

procmail: Match on
"^From.*(marriottrewards|kc.ap.citibank.com|@income.com.sg|@ntuc.org.sg|
ticketcharge.com.sg|sisticbuzz.com.sg|tangoeast.com)"
procmail: Executing
"/usr/sbin/sendmail,-oi,mathelmr(_at_)nus(_dot_)edu(_dot_)sg"
procmail: Error while writing to "/usr/sbin/sendmail"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi
mathelmr(_at_)nus(_dot_)edu(_dot_)sg"

So the recipe seems OK in that I get a match, but then something happens.

Are you sure sendmail is in /usr/sbin?  Is it executable by $LOGNAME
(if your .procmailrc is running as a user, i.e., we're not in
/etc/procmailrc)?  Does procmail run on the same machine you
are testing on, or is it installed separately on a mailserver you
don't have execute perms on?

Btw, the space at the end of the first line of your ORed addressess,
before the continuation slash, is a significant space.  Thus,
ticketcharge.com.sg will never match unless there is a space
in front of it.

On the other hand, spaces *after* a continuation slash (but before
any other char) are not significant.  So you could have:

        * ^From.*(whatever|@ntuc.org.sg|\
                  ticketcharge.com.sg|whatever)

Also, you should consider quoting the dots\.  One day you'll get a bum
match and you'll spend a few hours trying to figure out why, e.g.,
"ticketchargescomisg.pk" got through.

By the way, what can I do about all the

procmail: Kernel-lock failed procmail: Kernel-unlock failed

Find out why and fix and recomplile.

--
dman