Re: Error while writing to "/usr/sbin/sendmail"

2003-04-23 05:17:15
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:39:19PM +0800, Helmer Aslaksen wrote:

[Dallman Ross wrote:]

On the other hand, spaces *after* a continuation slash (but before
any other char) are not significant.  So you could have:

    * ^From.*(whatever|@ntuc.org.sg|\
              ticketcharge.com.sg|whatever)

I'm sorry, but I thought it was the other way around.

On <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/> it says

"if the last characters on a line are space followed by backslash (
\), it means continue the current line with the text on the next line
and ignore the trailing space, backslash (\), and newline characters"

Yes, well, I'd say that page is misstating things.  Sometimes it
won't matter, or rather, we'd actually want a space, as in

        | formail -I"X-Loop: my(_at_)loop(_dot_)com" \
                  -I"X-My-Header: whatever"

But you have a list of ORed addresses.  An OR-pipe followed by a space
is significant.  How would procmail know it isn't?  You're asking
procmail to match a space.

--
dman