Re: Embedded comments

2003-05-25 12:43:08
On Sun, 25 May 2003, LuKreme wrote:

L> On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 11:10 Canada/Mountain, Alan Clifford wrote:
L> > L> Why not test for Content-type?  if the message isn't html then the
L> > L> comments are a lot less likely to be spammish, right?
L> >
L> > Some html spam is not marked with a content type.
L>
L> Does your mailer render it as html if there's no content-type html?  I
L> specifically defang KLEZ by rewritting the content-type to text/plain.
L> If this isn't a protection for all mailers though I'd like to know
L> about it.

I've looked again and I was wrong as there is a content-type in there.
But Pine rendered this one showing the html rather than the translated
version.  Here is an excerpt:

From: Mundungus(_at_)oextelly(_dot_)com
To: <mundungus(_at_)coprolite(_dot_)fsnet(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 09:37:31 -0500
Subject: mundungus,  Watches -- Italian made Rolex Discount
$140.....Mundungus.,
    <!--some words in an undertone. Madame Danglars turned very -->s

<HTML><Body><Br><Br><!--'Tell it to me. --> mundungus,<Br><Br>T<!--francs.
-->hank
you for expressing interest in ATGWS Watches.<Br><Br>We would like to take
tH<!--the
fare of the Rue du Helder is not so much to your taste -->is opportunity
to offer
you our finest selection of Italian crafted Rolex Timepieces.<Br><Br>You
can view

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )