Re: any good patterns for catching 419 spam?

2003-06-07 17:21:18
On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 09:22:23AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Dallman Ross wrote:

Yes, I catch almost all of it with my headers-only traps that catch all
other spam, too.

The spamassassin developers might like to have a look at your rules if
you're willing to share ...

Not at all sure I want to.  I started this a year ago with the goal in
mind to handily beat SA, which I believe I have done.  I time my
pure procmail solution against SA (the daemoned version), and mine
wins hands down there, too.  The pure procmail solution is so much
less machine impactive it's not funny.

That said, SA seems to do very similar stuff.  (It's just that it
does it with a much higher processor overhead.)

If you feel like trying to persuade me further, private email is
fine.  But, well, I just don't know . . .  I have a *lot* of work
in my stuff, and I don't know that I just want to give it all away.

(I do wish the SA folks would fix the thing that calls my real Outlook
XP bogus, too!)

--
dman