Re: Base64 Spam.

2003-06-13 11:32:02
Dallman Ross wrote:

I read your post the other week; but, no, I can't corroborate it.
The X-MimeOLE: header has nothing to do with confirming or
indicating base64 encoding.  In fact, most every Microsoft
client, and many non-Microsoft clients, include this header.
It's part of my own test for fake MS clients, btw.

Sorry if I was a little unclear.  I'm not implying that
that header is useful in any way for filtering.  Rather,
I was wondering if others where getting this type of legit
base64 encoded text and html from a similar (newer?) version
of MS Exchange and if this was the tip of the iceberg for
these type of, IMHO malformed, messages.

---
Daryle A. Tilroe