Re: Base64 Spam.

2003-06-13 15:02:15
On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 12:00:35PM -0600, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:

I was wondering if others where getting this type of legit
base64 encoded text and html from a similar (newer?) version
of MS Exchange and if this was the tip of the iceberg for
these type of, IMHO malformed, messages.

Again, I'm not seeing that.  There are now five messages in my
last-100 good (nonspam) pile that contain the string "base64".
Two of them have a DOC attachment; one has a GIF attachment;
and two discuss the word "base64" in the manner that this message
does.  There are no "^Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64" lines
in the message headers of any of them.

On the other hand, there are ten messages in my last-100
spam pile that contain the string.  Of those, seven messages
have "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64" as a header-line.
All seven were caught by (among other recipes) my base64
spam trap, posted a few hours ago to this list.

So it's not showing up in my mail as an Exchange problem, and
spammers are still using the trick.

--
dman