Re: Working Recipe

2003-07-05 13:49:50
On Saturday, Jul 5, 2003, at 12:36 Canada/Mountain, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 12:03 2003-07-05 -0600, LuKreme  (List User Kreme) wrote:

etc.. but if the "procmail" folder doesn't already exist (like, say, I subscribe to a new list) then the second recipe fails because:

And because, say, you create a procmail rule but don't bother to generate the directory when you do?

I'm not creating a procmail rule though. I am using your LISTNAME recipe to sort ALL the lists based on their lit-ids,been-there's, and other headers. I only create special rules for the few lists that refuse to include useful headers to sort on. If I subscribe to a new list I don't want to remember to go to the IMAP server and create a new folder for it.

Someone is going to revoke your title of His Kreminess is you keep doing that.

I have a title? I mean, I knew about Kitchen Staff Supervisor, but this new title is news. Does it come with benies?

$MLDIR/$LISTNAME/$MONTHFOLDER.$LISTNAME

won't create the folder $LISTNAME

'man procmailex' provides a working example of creating directories based on date. It is trivial to tweak it to generate a listname folder.

Yep. Like I said, it works. I'm not sure if there's a benefit to testing the directory before hand, but THIS I like:

 DUMMY=`test -d $MONTHFOLDER || mkdir $MONTHFOLDER`

it's short, it's obvious what it's doing, it's simple.  Elegant, maybe.

Sold.

--
Why live in the world when you can live in your head?