Re: creating directories

2003-07-05 15:01:17
Kreemy answered,

That's not a bad idea, but I don't think it really saves any time
(testing the directory versus making the directory)

Then you can use the last way I posted, where you try the save, and if it succeeds you're done, but if it fails you make the directory and try again.

I'd said,

though it seems redundant to me to have $LISTNAME repeated in the
filename if it's the name of the directory.

Kreemsicle explained,

it is a problem when I move them into the "Old" mail
hierarchy, so i want the listname in the name of the mbox.

Ah. You could also handle that by renaming $MLIST/$LISTNAME/$MONTH to $OLDHIERARCHY/$LISTNAME.$MONTH when you archive it, but that would be no improvement over what you have now.