Re: help with procmail script

2003-08-19 12:18:05
Thus spake Alan Clifford (lists(_at_)clifford(_dot_)ac) [19/08/03 14:52]:
Spam assassin does seem to be causing problems for some people.   Is it a
broken program?

Asking this question is like asking:

    "Procmail does seem to be causing problems for some people.  Is it a
    broken program?"

SA itself is quite a useful program.  It just has a learning curve, and is
better used by people who have a better understanding of what it is doing,
its implications, and so on.  Just because /people/ have problems using it,
doesn't mean its broken.  There's a quote that I'm going to butcher here
that goes something like: Never blame computers what can easily be explained
by human incompetence.

What I would do in this case is contact my ISP, tell them I don't appreciate
having them modify my mail in a way that I have not authorized, and ask them
to stop.  At the very worst, they'd turn of tagging for the account, which
is pretty much exactly what is wanted anyhow.