Re: help with procmail script

2003-08-19 13:48:03
Damian Gerow <damian(_at_)sentex(_dot_)net> wrote:
What I would do in this case is contact my ISP, tell them I don't
appreciate having them modify my mail in a way that I have not
authorized, and ask them to stop.  At the very worst, they'd turn of
tagging for the account, which is pretty much exactly what is wanted
anyhow.

Which I would dearly love to do.

Their response was one of the worst customer service examples I've ever
seen:
   We don't offer that service for our free parking customers.
   If you would like to upgrade to the premier service, that
   option will be available to you.

For the record, their "Free Parking" gives me my own domain name with 10
email address aliases (forwarding to a 'real address' somewhere else)
plus 1 wildcard address (ie. anything else for that domain name is sent
to a single forwarded address).  They also have a nice web interface for
managing these 10 addresses (pointing them where I want them to go).  It
also will do http redirection (if I wanted it to).  This costs $15/year.
By comparison, their "premire service" costs $15/MONTH.  No thanks.

If I could find the same service from somewhere else that was priced the
same, I'd move in a heartbeat.  If you have suggestions, please email
them to me (ie. not on this newsgroup).

--\x81

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris(_at_)txbarnes(_dot_)com                               Yahoo IM:
chrisnbarnes